GUMMIES ULTIMATE GUIDE
If you live in the U.S., chances are you’ve seen people nosh one or two bear-shaped or ring-shaped soft-chews at an event. Gummies are some of the most popular edibles out there, and it’s not surprising considering their numerous benefits. So what are they, and does dosage matter? Let’s find out.
What Are Gummies?
Weed gummies, a.k.a., soft-chews, are CBD/THC infused jellies that are tasty and come in multiple colors plus provide weed users with an alternative to joints and blunts. These edibles are all the rage today for several reasons.
- They are smoke-free. Gummies are perfect for anyone looking to avoid smoking joints or vaping.
- These products come with clear instructions on the packaging, making it easy to determine the ideal dosage.
- Long shelf-life. Unlike chocolate bars which melt quickly, gummies can last longer, especially if they are manufactured using pectin.
- Besides being discreet, you can practically chew your gummies anywhere because you don’t need to worry about offending others.
How Many Weed Gummies Are Right for You?
Dosing gummies is relatively simple. However, there are a few factors to consider to ensure you are taking the ideal dosage.
Like health supplements, your weight affects how you metabolize foods. For instance, if you weigh below 130 lbs, it’s recommended that you take not more than 11mg of CBD/THC. 18mg is ideal for people between 130lbs and 230lbs. Any person above this weight range can take 23mg strength gummies.
Your metabolism is closely related to your lifestyle habits. Do you exercise regularly? Do you live a sedentary lifestyle? How fast do you burn sugar and eat healthily? Knowing how quickly your body processes compounds plays an essential role.
Plus, if you are hoping to fast-track the effects, it would help to take the gummies before taking any meals. Otherwise, you can chew these gummies after meals to ensure more of these compounds get into the bloodstream.
This factor is perhaps the most obvious one on this list. If you are a lightweight, then it’s probably best to start with low doses. Your weight and metabolism will determine how many you can scoff down to experience the desired effects.
Aside from their delectable flavors and aesthetics, your primary reason for taking gummies is likely to get some relief for a specific condition. The type of condition will affect which dosage is suitable for you.
- 15mg-30mg is ideal for anxiety relief
- 10mg to 25mg can help improve sleep problems
- If you are trying to manage chronic pain, anywhere between 5mg to 50mg may be required depending on the severity
- 5mg to 15mg is often sufficient for anyone who wants an energy and mood boost
Bioavailability is the percentage of CBD that gets into your bloodstream once you’ve ingested gummies. Every cannabis product has a different bioavailability. For instance, oils have about 35%, whereas vapes contain atleast 50%. Gummies have the lowest bioavailability of up to 20%. So, if you want a higher percentage, you should consider taking these gummies after a heavy meal or purchasing those infused with fatty acids.
Three categories of CBD profiles exist.
- Full-spectrum. This type represents the natural state of hemp. Here the CBD consists of other cannabinoids as well as trace THC levels(<0.3%).
- Broad-spectrum. This category contains similar compounds as the full-spectrum CBD except for THC. Gummies in this category are the ideal option if you work in an organization that prohibits THC.
- CBD isolate. This type consists of sorely CBD. Once extracted, it typically appears as a crystalline powder and is then infused into gummies and other products such as oils and vapes.
Ways To Ensure You Are Buying High-Quality Gummies
With so many gummies available on the shelves, here are a few ways to ensure you are purchasing high-quality products.
- Check the sourcing. We recommend buying gummies grown in the U.S.
- Opt for organic and gluten-free ingredients
- Confirm that the product is third-party lab tested
- Look up the product’s online reviews
Must-Try Cannabis Gummies
1. Camino by Kiva
The Kiva Camino gummies are California-inspired THC gummies whose potency is up to 5mg per gummy. This collection has multiple flavors, including Camino watermelon lemonade, pineapple habanero, and wild berry. The wild berry is a fan favorite due to its ability to improve insomnia symptoms.
2. WYLD gummies
Like the Camino, the WYLD is lifestyle-inspired, in this case, by the adventurous habits seen in the Pacific Northwest, such as hiking and trekking. These gummies come in six delectable flavors, with the most popular being huckleberry and marionberry. The potency for each gummy is below 5mg. Plus, there’s plenty of options to choose from as the brand stocks a wide range of products from full-spectrum to CBD isolate.
3. PLUS gummies
PLUS gummies are another California-born brand that you’ll probably enjoy. While there are several flavors to choose from, the main PLUS gummies are the balance, unwind and uplift, whose effects are as their names suggest.
These gummies are full-spectrum, however, containing different THC and CBD ratios. The sleep cloudberry gummies, for instance, have 5mg of THC and 1mg of CBN and CBD in each gummy.
4. KANHA gummies
Everyone who has tried KANHA gummies always gushes over these gummies’ quality. These soft-chews are among the purest and tastiest in the market. They are manufactured from KANHA’s lab-tested oils with all-natural ingredients. These products are gluten-free, and each gummy contains 23 calories. Different kinds of KANHA gummies are available, including:
- Classic gummies. These products come in various fruity flavors and CBD types.
- Nano gummies. These soft-chews have elevated bioavailability, meaning they can kick in under 15 minutes. We recommend trying the Cran pomegranate punch or the passionfruit paradise.
- Vegan gummies. These products are similar to the nano types in absorption and flavoring, except for the vegan aspect.
- CBD gummies.
5. Cheef Botanicals
Cheef Botanicals gummies are the go-to products if you wish to consume plant-based, gluten and cruelty-free products. These gummies come in different strengths, from 300mg up to 3000mg.
6. Joy Organics
The Joy Organics broad-spectrum gummies are cruelty-free soft-chews available in different flavors, with Green Apple and Tropical Sunrise being among the most popular. These gummies contain 300mg of CBD and are available in both vegan and non-vegan options.
CBDistillery gummies are all-natural and GMO-free products. These hemp-based gummies come in 30mg strength and are available in full/broad-spectrum and CBD isolate options. What’s more, you can opt for daytime and nighttime package to add to your daily regimen.
8. Premium Jane
Premium Jane is among the high-quality gummies extracted from carefully grown industrial hemp. These gummies are GMO-free and are available in two different strengths: 750mg strength vegan gummies and 1500mg full-spectrum gummies. These soft-chews come in various fruit flavors, such as strawberry and mango berry.
From their delicious flavors to their health benefits, it is clear that weed gummies are worth trying. It’s worth keeping in mind that quality matters. Therefore it would be wise to do your research before purchasing gummies. Typically, any high-quality product will be all-natural, third-party lab tested, and highly pure. If you are ready to try gummies, you’ve come to the right place. HIKEI stocks top brands, including Kiva and KANHA gummies, with different potencies to match your dosage. Visit our shop and make your order today!