Best Rolling Papers—Refine Your Smoking Experience
Every cannabis user knows that there’s much more to smoking than the weed strain itself. Don’t get it wrong, quality matters. However, one other element that you can’t afford to ignore is the standard of your rolling papers. Here’s the thing, you wouldn’t want to turn a sesh into a coughing festival. Or waste that top-shelf strain Strawnana you got from Hikei.com
In this post, we’ll let you in on our favorite rolling papers, what to look for in a rolling paper and whether to smoke blunts or roll a joint.
What To Consider Before Selecting a Rolling Paper
Knowing which features to watch for when shopping is the best way to ensure you’re buying the best rolling paper at your local smoke shop.
Paper_ thickness and size_—It would help to know how much weed you wish to roll. Most smoke shops will have single and double-wide, King Slim, 11/4″, and King-sized rolling paper. You’ll also realize that some rolling papers may be thicker than others. Thick rolling papers are easy to roll and also have a smooth burn. In comparison, thin rolling papers require more experience and may “run” creating an uneven burning rate.
Flavor—Every user has their preference. So if you enjoy a cherry or peach flavor in your rolling paper, then brands like Juicy Jay and Skunk have got you covered. Alternatively, if you prefer a full-on weed experience, then you’d be better off using unflavored brands like RAW.
Best Materials for Rolling Papers
Let’s say you prefer to roll a joint at home rather than buy prerolls , then you should know the best rolling paper materials.
- Wood pulp. This rolling paper type is perhaps the most popular. Its uneven texture makes it easier to handle hence an excellent option for beginners. You can also choose between the white(bleached) or brown(unbleached) type.
- Hemp. If you’re an environmentally conscious person, then hemp papers are suitable materials for you. These papers are also thick, and thereby, easy to roll. Plus, they don’t have an unpleasant aftertaste.
- Rice. They say, “your body is a temple.” So if you’re all about the organic lifestyle, rice papers are an excellent option. They don’t affect the taste of weed which is ideal for people who prefer flavorless rolling papers.
Best Rolling Papers To Try in 2021
Here’s a list of our favorite rolling paper brands that you should consider buying on your next weed shopping trip.
- King Palm. King Palm offers all-natural rolling papers. Best part, you can choose from more than twenty different flavors that consist of organic terpenes.
- RAW. This brand is perhaps the most well-known on this list. RAW is your go-to for the classic unbleached rolling papers. Their products come in multiple sizes and are unflavored, allowing you to enjoy your favorite strain fully.
- ZigZag. ZigZag is one of the OG brands that has been around since 1882. Their rolling papers are high-quality, renewable, and affordable.
- Elements. “Elements” is yet another brand that prides itself in eco-friendly rolling papers made from rice. The cannabis papers are easy to roll hence perfect for novice users.
- OCB. Odet-Cascedec-Bollore(OCB) uses flax fibers to produce their rolling papers, which come in various sizes.
- Juicy Jay’s. If you are a fan of flavored rolling papers, then you’ll love Juicy Jay’s. The company has a wide range of flavors, from coconut to maple syrup. Furthermore, their products are affordable and easily accessible.
Joint Papers vs. Blunt Papers
There are two popular ways to roll cannabis: using joint rolling papers or blunt wraps. The primary difference is the rolling paper material. Blunts use tobacco rolling leaves while joints don’t. So, which of the two provides a better experience?
Pros and cons of blunt rolling papers
Here are the key benefits of using blunt wraps.
- Tobacco gives you an added ‘nicotine’ high, boosting your overall smoke experience
- Blunt wraps come in multiple flavors
- The tobacco leaves make the wraps thicker hence easier to prepare and burn slower
Tobacco blunt wraps contain nicotine. Some experts believe that this could lead to nicotine addiction. Furthermore, nicotine is harsh on your lungs and increases the risk of cancer.
Pros and cons of joint rolling papers
- Joints are easy to prepare. And are therefore a perfect option for beginners.
- Joint rolling papers are thinner than tobacco blunt wraps. As a result, you get to enjoy the flavor of your rolled joint better.
- Joint rolling papers are more affordable than blunt wraps
- Some rolling papers like rice are difficult to roll
- You can’t put as much bud as you would in blunt wraps
- Joint rolling papers are easily breakable hence require much care
Which Rolling Paper Type Offers a Better Smoking Experience?
The short answer… It depends on your preference. Blunts are ideal if you like that nicotine buzz. However, if you prefer a much more natural and hassle-free rolling process, joints are the perfect option for you. Ultimately, it all comes down to what you are trying to achieve. It could be flavor, or you might be looking at the size, especially if you intend to share.
Where To Get the Best Rolling Papers
Now that you know the best rolling papers for you, you’re probably wondering where to get them. Check out the list of product on our site for premium rolling papers, pre-rolled cones, and quality cannabis strains. Click here
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE PLEASE READ OUR OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS SUBJECT OF ROLLED JOINTS PREROLLS AND BLUNTS
BEST PREROLLS GUIDE
HOW TO ROLL A BLUNT
HOW TO ROLL A CONE JOINT